Ever wanted to earn easy rewards, but never knew how? Well here you go, Carrot rewards is the app for you! All you have to do is walk it to pocket.
- Name: Carrot
- Owners: Andreas Souvaliotis
- Website URL: https://www.carrotapp.com/home-2/
- App Available? Yes
- Eligibility: Only in select Canadian provinces (BC, NL, and ON)
- Legit?: Yes
- Cost: Free, unless you choose to upgrade
- Money Making Potential: Pocket Money
- Worth It?: Yes
- Outta Work Perks Rating: 4.4/5
What Is Carrot?
Carrot is an app that rewards you for walking. It will work with any iPhone 5S or higher as well as any Android phone.
Why Should I Get It?
You should get Carrot because why not earn something extra for all the walking you do anyways. One great thing about Carrot, is you don’t need to keep your location services on in order to earn. As well, Carrot can pair up with Apple watches and Fitbits.
How Do You Earn Rewards?
There are three ways you can earn rewards:
1. Completing your step goal. When you set up the app and click on the steps tab you’ll go through a little set up. Then for the first week they will track your steps. After the week is over, they will set you a step goal. It will probably be a little higher than what you usually step, because the main point of this app is to motivate you to step more. They will also continually update (lower or higher) your goal based on how often you achieve it.
2. Completing a step together challenge. You can start a together challenge once you have a friend on the app. The challenges last 5 days each and the goal is to make 7 out of 10 step goals.
3. Answering questions. They basically give you little tests about healthy living, and you just have to answer each question. It’s completely casual though, like you don’t need to get the questions right in order to earn the rewards. The point to the questions is just to educate their users.
What Rewards Do They Offer?
Carrot allows you to choose from many different kinds of rewards to earn. I personally go for RBC Rewards but it’s completely up to you. And if you’re not currently with any of these programs, you can sign up for one and start from there.
Here’s a look at what they offer:
–Aeroplan Miles: Redeemable for travel related items (flights, hotels, car rentals, etc.)
–Drop Points: Redeemable for gift cards (iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, Starbucks, Banana Republic, etc.)
–More Rewards (Save On Foods): Redeemable for groceries, gift cards, or travel
–Petro Points: Redeemable for discounts on gas
–RBC Rewards: Redeemable for home and electronics products
–Scene Points: Redeemable for movie theatre related things
What Is The Upgrade?
If you want to earn your rewards faster, you can pay for a subscription to add either a 2x, 5x, or 10x multiplier to your rewards. It is completely optionable though, and you don’t need to enter in any credit info if you’re just going to use the app for free.
I did some calculations on my end, and I could earn double what I put in, but that would mean having to get my steps every day, plus completing a step together challenge every week. I’m just going to stick with the free version for now.
All In All…
I think every one who has a compatible phone and lives in British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, or Ontario should get Carrot. Plus if you do get the app, you can put in my special code calistaw5865 to earn extra points!
To add a bonus code, go to the account tab. Press on “Enter Bonus Code” then enter it in.
Have fun stepping,